From: yac <yac@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two identical systems - different!
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 11:42:23
1 On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 22:34:45 +0000
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hello list,
5 >
6 > While wrestling with my owncloud problem I decided to re-install the
7 > server box from scratch. It's a little Atom box so I keep a 32-bit
8 > chroot on this machine (the one I'm writing this on), nfs-mount the
9 > server's packages directory in the chroot and do all the heavy emerge
10 > work on the i5 here. The contents of /etc/portage/* are identical in
11 > both systems, with minor exceptions detailing --jobs= and the proxies
12 > (the server serves the portage tree and is the rsync host, and it
13 > can't do that for itself until http- replicator etc. are in place).
14 >
15 > I got as far as installing a recent stage 3 and adding nfs-utils so
16 > that I could export the package directory. Then I ran emerge -eavK
17 > world (I'd already rebuilt all the packages in the chroot before
18 > zapping the server). You'll never guess what happened. Well,
19 > actually, I hope someone can because I'm stumped again.
20 >
21 > $ OPTIONS="backtrack=100" emerge -pvKe world
22 > ...
23
24 Please provide the whole output. There should be an explanation why
25 there is the conflict.
26
27 You can also run the emerge with -at to get some insight into the
28 package dependencies.
29
30 What is the reason you run with backtrack=100 ?
31
32 > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "app-arch/bzip2" have been masked.
33 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
34 > request:
35 > - app-arch/bzip2-1.0.6-r3::gentoo (masked by: backtracking: slot
36 > conflict)
37 >
38 > Bzip2 installs happily if specified by itself. Portage is at version
39 > 2.2.7, and I did remember to set the active python version to 2.7
40 > before starting all this.
41 >
42 > Now that I think of it, this slot conflict over bzip2 was among the
43 > reasons I decided to zap the server and start anew. The cure hasn't
44 > fixed the ailment.
45 >
46 > Has anyone any ideas?
51 ---
52 Jan Matějka | Gentoo Developer
53 https://gentoo.org | Gentoo Linux
54 GPG: A33E F5BC A9F6 DAFD 2021 6FB6 3EBF D45B EEB6 CA8B