From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A and the blackout.
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:12:14
1 On 2012-01-19 5:42 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > There's no known way to decrypt a mail like that without the single
3 > private key needed (this works exactly like https traffic to your
4 > bank). I feel very confident saying "no known way" as cracking that
5 > puzzle has been the Holy Grail of maths prizes for 40 years and no-one
6 > has announced success. Seeing as mathematicians are a vain lot, and the
7 > one that accomplishes this feat with be showered with honour and glory
8 > for all time (making Einstein look like a child), it's a safe
9 > assumption that it hasn't been done yet.
10
11 Heh - yeah, *loved* the movie 'Sneakers'...
12
13 Setec Astronomy == Too Many Secrets