From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 07:47:52
1 On Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:30:49 AM German wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 03:19:50 -0400
3 > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:06:59 AM German wrote:
6 > > > On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 08:49:54 +0200
7 > > > Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
8 > > >
9 > > > > > On Mar 22, 2015, at 8:32, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > > > >
11 > > > > >
12 > > > > > /sbin/poweroff says "Must be a superuser" :(
13 > > > >
14 > > > > Did you read any of the previous messages? They told you that you have
16 > > have consolekit and polkit installed and configured for this to work!
17 > > >
18 > > > Yes, I've read them. However no one explianed how this has to be
19 > > accomplished with polkit and consolekit.
20 > >
21 > > You don't need those. It sounds like you somehow got both sysvinit and
22 systemd
23 > > installed. The message you're getting is from sysvinit. poweroff should be
24 a
25 > > symlink to systemctl. Try:
26 > >
27 > > systemctl poweroff
28 > >
29 > > You may need to unmerge sysvinit and anything else related to openrc and
30 then
31 > > re-emerge systemd. With systemd it should either shutdown or ask you for
32 the
33 > > root password (if you're not logged in locally or there's other users
34 logged
35 >
36 > Thanks, I decide to go with sudo on this one. However when I try to run it,
37 it says:
38 > "Username is not in the sudoers file." Where is this file located and how can
39 I add the user to it? Thanks
40 >
41 > > in).
42
43 Actually you never said anything about systemd so it's my bad.
44 They where talking about logind and I got it messed up with another thread
45 about systemd.
48 Fernando Rodriguez