From: Matthias Guede <matthias.guede@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Bash scripting
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:39:33
1 Peper wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I have a var $blah=' `pwd`/blah ' (extra spaces for clearer reading), how can
4 > i change it to 'output of pwd/blah' ?
5
6 I'm not quiet sure what you mean with "output of pwd/blah".
7
8 If you want to assign "/home/me/blah" (or whatever your current
9 directory is) you may use the environemnt variable $PWD and the
10 expression would read as:
11
12 blah=${PWD}/blah
13
14 If you insist to use the comand pwd you may write:
15
16 blah=`pwd`/blah or blah=$(pwd)/bla
17
18 If you want to assign the content of /home/me/blah to your variable use cat:
19
20 blah=`cat ${PWD}/blah` or blah=$(cat ${PWD}/blah)
21
22 Matthias
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list