From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Macromedia Flash on AMD64
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:41:31
1 Hi,
2 Is Flash supposed to be fully supported on the AMD64 platform? I
3 don't know where to find out info like this.
4
5 It seems I have Flash installed but on some sites Firefox tells me
6 that it finds no suitable plugin, such as the top part of this site:
7
8 http://www.digidesign.com/
9
10 When I go through the guided format to get a plugin it eventually
11 leads me to Macromedia's site, but I do have netscape-flash installed:
12
13 lightning ~ # emerge -pv netscape-flash
14
15 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
16
17 Calculating dependencies ...done!
18 [ebuild R ] net-www/netscape-flash-7.0.25 +gtk 0 kB
19
20 Total size of downloads: 0 kB
21 lightning ~ #
22
23 lightning ~ # uname -a
24 Linux lightning 2.6.13-gentoo #2 Sat Sep 3 16:45:26 PDT 2005 x86_64
25 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
26 lightning ~ #
27
28 As a second question Neil and someone else said the other day that
29 certain multimedia things didn't work on AMD64. Where could I find out
30 what is and is not supported?
31
32 Thanks,
33 Mark