From: Victor Ivanov <vic.m.ivanov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update fails, but I don't see why
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 22:05:07
1 On 03/12/2020 21:06, tastytea wrote:
2 > Python 3.8 is the new default target and not all packages support it
3 > yet. You can put
4 > */* PYTHON_TARGETS: python3_7
5 > into /etc/portage/package.use as a workaround. Don't forget to remove
6 > it in a month or so.
7
8 I'm on the same boat. It's indeed because of Python 3.8 being the new
9 default.
10
11 I seriously doubt it's because of packages being fundamentally
12 incompatible, I reckon it's just another slightly premature rollout of
13 the newer interpreter without all relevant ebuilds having been updated
14 correctly. Not unlike what we experienced with the previous large scale
15 rollout after the deprecation of Python 2 when for a few days, without
16 manual intervention, many packages were complaining.
17
18 The above should work, but also I suspect simply waiting for a few days
19 should resolve the issue as maintainers take notice and update the ebuilds.
20
21 - Victor

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature