From: "David H. Askew" <dhaskew@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] serial console
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:27:09
I want to setup a serial console to one of my servers.  I realize that
this will require a specific type of cable.  As I understand it, the
cable will have an RJ-45 connector on the host side, and a serial
connector on the server side.  I'm assuming since my server only has a
standard 9-pin connector, thats what I need.

I was looking around and found a Cisco console cable in a box of old
junk.  It has, surprise surprise, RJ-45 on one side, and 9-pin serial on
the other.  Would that work?

Just thought I'd ask before I start ... perhaps it will save me some
hair ....

any help would be appreciated ...

- Dave