From: "David H. Askew" <dhaskew@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] serial console
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:27:09
1 I want to setup a serial console to one of my servers. I realize that
2 this will require a specific type of cable. As I understand it, the
3 cable will have an RJ-45 connector on the host side, and a serial
4 connector on the server side. I'm assuming since my server only has a
5 standard 9-pin connector, thats what I need.
6
7 I was looking around and found a Cisco console cable in a box of old
8 junk. It has, surprise surprise, RJ-45 on one side, and 9-pin serial on
9 the other. Would that work?
10
11 Just thought I'd ask before I start ... perhaps it will save me some
12 hair ....
15 any help would be appreciated ...
16
17 - Dave