From: "Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov" <ploujj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot print after changing CUPS printer
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 02:21:45
1 > I assume you have replaced @LOCAL with @192.168.0.1/24 or whatever the
2 > local address is?
3
4 Actually, according to the comments in the conf file, it should be
5 exactly "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" if I want cups to listen to local
6 devices only. Anyways, I tried to set it to my network and it didn't
7 help. It really is for other cups servers to be able to communicate
8 with mine.
11 > OK, but 0.0.0.0 is *every* address in the universe, not the localhost
12 > address. Add localhost:631 it should do the same job like 127.0.0.1.
15 I set it to "listen localhost:631" and still nothing
16
17 > Finally, check that the Deny/Allow is set to Deny all and Allow
18 > 127.0.0.1. Otherwise I've run out of ideas . . .
19
20 Yup, my deny/allow rules are Gentoo's default, except that I added a
21 rule to allow for my LAN pcs to access this server.
22
23 I think the problem is not in the cups config/server, but in the lp
24 side of things. I think it is somehow trying to connect to the wrong
25 server.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list