From: elinar@×××××××.nz
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox out of memory
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 05:04:15
1 On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:36, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Hum, I came home today to find the firefox instance that has been
3 > running for 3 or 4 days killed. Apparently it was an out of memory
4 > thing.
5
6 > Can anyone tell me what that means? This is the first time that
7 > firefox has actually been killed by the kernel for going out of
8 > memory, and there have been times when I left a firefox window open
9 > for much longer (weeks at times).
10
11 Firefox is pretty good. but in the past I've had a similar problem, running
12 out of memory, with lots of tabs being opend/closed and several windows. At
13 the time there was a memory link relating to the tabs, and I'm not sure thats
14 been fixed yet. Maybee bugzilla can help...or try
15
16 http://forums.mozillazine.org/
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list