From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] revisit bouncing messages from this list
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 22:00:44
1 I continue to get the occasional message from gentoo-user+owner that
2 messages to me have bounced, but since I am receiving that message,
3 things are OK again. Unfortunately, if I request a re-send of the
4 bounced message (it is usually just one) it never arrives, and
5 sometimes results in another message about a bounce. My assumption at
6 this point is that the bounce is most likely due to DMARC and related
7 rules on the sender's email server and something in the list rewriting
8 (or not) some of the headers before forwarding it on to me. Of course
9 with no way of knowing who sent the message, I can't begin to confirm
10 that premise, or just see the message, which is what I'd like to do.
11
12 I reread most of two threads about this from 2018 and 2019, and there
13 was a post that seemed to imply there was a way to translate the
14 message number (196927 was the latest from this list for me) to a URL
15 to see the message in the list archives at gentoo.org. Does such a
16 translation actually exist, and can someone point me to it?
17
18 Thanks.
19
20 Jack