From: Justin Hart <justinhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multiple Displays & nVida vs Radeon... take TWO
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:40:52
1 Hey folks,
2
3 I'm looking for a quick answer, because I may need to make a hardware
4 purchase tonight based on the replies.
5
6 I have a big presentation on Friday. I noticed, the other day, that
7 upon hooking my laptop up to a projector, that the projector failed to
8 come on.
9
10 It is worth noting that I have had this configuration working before.
11 I had made entries in xorg.conf that, should have, allowed for this to
12 work. I figured that, because it was a different projector than I had
13 originally tested this setup on, that differences in the setup may be
14 the issue. Tonight, I came back to my lab, plugged it into the
15 projector that I had originally set this matter up on, and it failed
16 to work on that projector.
17
18 Anyway, quick rundown.
19
20 I have a Dell Inspiron 9100. In it is a Radeon 9700 mobile graphics
21 adapter, PCI express.
22
23 Any thoughts? Do the nVidia cards do this better?
26 Justin W. Hart
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list