From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PostgreSQL Vs MySQL @Uber
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 00:56:08
1 On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So the original article very much seems to have been written with a skewed
4 > bias and wrong focus. That's bias as in "shifted to one side as used in
5 > math" not bias as in "opinionated asshat beating some special drum"
8 Well, I wouldn't say "wrong focus" so much as "particular focus." The
9 original article doesn't really purport to be a holistic comparison of
10 the two systems, just an explanation of why they're migrating. I
11 think people are reading a bit too much into it.
12
13 However, the original article would probably benefit from a few
14 caveats thrown in.
17 Rich