From: Willie M <matthews.willie80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stop an emerge (compilation), halt the PC, boot and continue the emerge
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:43:09
1 On 06/20/2016 07:58 AM, Hogren wrote:
5 > Hello !!
6 >
7 > I have a little question about portage.
8 >
9 > There are many big softwares like Firefox, LibreOffice. At a certain
10 > moment, I need to stop the compilation to halt the PC.
11 >
12 > But, when I boot up again the PC and I «emerge --resume», it restart the
13 > compilation process.
14 >
15 > Is there a way to not restart the compilation process ?
16 > I think that if I enter in the temp directory and I type «make && make
17 > install», it will install the software but it will not update portage
18 > database.
21 > Thank you for your response !
22 >
23 > Bye
26 > Hogren
27
28 This is pretty much what is run when you emerge something.
29
30 ebuild [.ebuild] fetch
31 ebuild [.ebuild] unpack
32 ebuild [.ebuild] compile
33 ebuild [.ebuild] install
34 ebuild [.ebuild] qmerge
35 ebuild [.ebuild] clean
36
37 to continue just choose what part the build was on when you quit it and
38 start there.
39
40 All I really just use is compile and merge. If it didn't get to compile
41 it isn't worth it. Just emerge the whole thing again.
45 Willie Matthews
46 matthews.willie80@×××××.com
47 (702) 659-9966