From: Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend2 issues
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:52:51
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 23:14 -0600, Mike Myers wrote:
6 >>Hi everybody!
7 >>
8 >>I'm having problems with a laptop and the suspend2 patched kernel. It
9 >>seems like whenever I suspend to ram, and then resume, the video doesn't
10 >>come back.
14 >suspend2-sources?
15 >
16 >what video card? did you try the vbetool hack?
20 I'm using the suspend2-sources 2.6.15-suspend2-r6 kernel, yes. My video
21 card is an intel Mobile Accelerated graphics card, and I'm using the
22 vesa driver until I can get the intel driver for it installed. I tried
23 to install vbetool, but it wouldn't compile, so I couldn't use it.
24
25 >>Also, I'm using the intel 2200 wireless card, with the ipw2200 module,
26 >>and if I put the laptop into hibernate and then power it back on, the
27 >>wireless card doesn't come back up.
31 >i have ipw2100. It's modprobed -r by suspend2 config files. IIRC you ma
32 >have to modprob it back on. Not sure.
36 after resuming, lsmod shows it to still be loaded. rmmod ipw2200 and
37 then modprobe ipw2200 doesn't bring it back up. I have to reboot for it
38 to come back.
39
40 >>Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or somewhere I can go that will
41 >>tell me how to fix those kinds of issues?
45 >I would check with the suspend2 list. But a quick search through my own
46 >list archive (under evolution) I found no reference to your problem
49 I'll try that, I just wanted to try the gentoo lists first in case it
50 had anything to do with gentoo. :P
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list