From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Again some "headless" stuff/question
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 11:45:49
1 On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 06:34:55 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > for starting and running a script on a headless system for me "nohup"
4 > works perfectly.
5 > For interactive session via ssh screen/tmux turned out to be the
6 > solution to detach from jobs started from the commandline.
7 > Both are hints/help I received from the community here. :)
8 > Thank you very much !!! :)))
9 >
10 > Since the screen/tmux thingie is THAT convenient I would like to start
11 > this as the default when logging in via ssh.
12 > I could write a script which is started by the shell (zsh) which in
13 > turn is started as part of the login process.
14 > Screen would start another shell and TADA!...
15 > But this is an embedded system...
16 >
17 > The result should be a running screen session right after login via
18 > ssh.
19 >
20 > Is there any "shorter path" to what I am trying to do -- without the
21 > cascade of shells which do nothing but waiting of the child process to
22 > end?
23
24 I have this in ~/.zshrc.
25
26 if [[ "${TERM}" != "screen" ]] && [[ -z "${STY}" ]] && [[ ! -f ~/.noscreen ]]; then
27 screen -xRR && exit
28 fi
32 Neil Bothwick
33
34 Last words of a Windows user: = Where do I have to click now? - There?