From: Paul Sobey <buddha@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adaptec 2820SA - Slowwwwwwwwww?
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 09:47:40
1 On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Paul Sobey wrote:
2 > I have a server running Gentoo X64 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 with an Adaptec 2820SA
3 > configured with a simple mirror. This card is a PCI-X card but due to an
4 > oversight on my part is plugged into a standard PCI slot on a PCI-E
5 > motherboard.
6 >
7 > Still, I'm getting some absolutely atrocious disk performance from it, a lot
8 > less than I would expect. Bonnie++ results are here:
9
10 <snip>
11
12 To reply to my own post, flashing the controller from 5.1 to 5.2 increased
13 read performance six fold and doubled write performance. Result!
14
15 Paul