From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] All Gentoo signing key expired and no way to fix it
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 17:35:18
1 On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 12:20 PM gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > 2018-07-03 16:04 GMT+03:00 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
4 >
5 > > emerge --sync, with git at least, overwrites /usr/portage in place and
6 > > so it will leave it in a bad state if verification fails.
7 >
8 > It sounds really aweful.
9 > I did not know this as I always used only emerge-webrsync.
12 Yes. I do have scripts set to abort if it fails and I should notice.
13 But, this isn't really viewed as acceptable by anybody - there just
14 hasn't been a more complete solution devised.
15
16 Part of the issue is that I think portage just has git do a pull
17 in-place which just overwrites everything, and then portage does the
18 signature check after that.
19
20 I wonder if we can have portage instead do a fetch, then do the
21 verification of HEAD, and then if it passes do a checkout. That will
22 still leave you with invalid data in the git history, but it won't
23 actually be checked out, so at least emerge won't be seeing it.
26 Rich