From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD microcode problem - Fam15h ( FYI )
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 11:12:54
2 > I should have clarified ... the '-mno-lwp' was added as a result of the
3 > comparison of the two /proc/cpuinfo files. I was very curious about WHAT
4 > exactly the microcode update did.
5 >
6 > The CPU I am using is a FX-9590.
7 >
8 > Question : Is there a PSP in your CPU?
11 According to libreboot, only fam16 onwards have PSP, so if that's true, no.
12 AFAIK the 9590 is identical to the 8350 other than being clocked higher, so
13 i'm expecting our experience to be the same.
14
15 Also, are you saying that the sequence of events for you was;
16 - booted with new microcode, and lwp was missing from /proc/cpuinfo
17 - you had instability
18 - you rebuilt with -mno-lwp
19 - stability returned