From: "Fabio.baumeler" <fabio.baumeler@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] anyone tried gentoo with f2fs yet?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:25:24
1 hi everyone
2
3 has anyone been able to install amd64-gentoo-minimal with f2fs from the livecd successfully?
4
5 I tried to do so but failed when trying to mount the filesystem. following error occured:
6
7 The device '/dev/sda1' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS. Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of a partition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?
8
9 I'm using a brand new ssd. there has neither been installed a filesystem before nor did I create a NTFS partition.
10
11 does the error occur because the livecd is using kernel 3.7.10 and f2fs is only available with kernel 3.8.X and later? If so, could I just try to install gentoo based on another livecd which is using kernel 3.8.X?
12
13 thanks for any replies.
14
15 Von Samsung Mobile gesendet