From: "Δημήτριος Ροπόκης" <wamy80s@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:15:47
1 On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:34:47 +0200, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Mick wrote:
4 >> On Saturday 12 January 2008, Jil Larner wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Well, it's like if I am opening my eyes. I never looked at what the
7 >>> foundation was supposed to do. For a couple of years I've been using
8 >>> gentoo, I never get any political announcement, maybe because I didn't
9 >>> look at the right place, or maybe there was no. I mean that except the
10 >>> Gentoo's Philosophy and the Gentoo's Social Contract, I didn't see
11 >>> politic, for my eyes were probably closed...... Could
12 >>> someone tell me what *really* is the crisis ? If people did not do what
13 >>> they were supposed to do : what should they have done ?
16 > I love my Gentoo but I would like to see someone step up and get some
17 > things done and some decisions made, even those we may never know about.
18 >
19 > I just don't want to see Gentoo fall into the abyss.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-) :-)
26 Dear friends, I 'm Dimitrios Ropokis from Greece, I managed to translate
27 fet- timetabling and smplayer
28 to Greek, I do not know an easy way to put fet on gentoo for download, I
29 am not programmer,
30 smplayer is ok but now it is out of gentoo, my Toshiba laptop had 20 hours
31 to compile open-office 2.3.1,
32 I can not install Option Globetrotter Umts-Data card,even to make Greek
33 look good took a week,
34 but thanks to people like u, I am pleased for what I am doing, I help
35 people to use linux,
36 because its a choice. Choice to communicate,to ask help and give help.
37 Most of it is knowledge. This is critical. The knowledge base of
38 opensource is what next generations need.
39 And it is to your hands. Gentoo is too strong!!
40 Thank you!
43 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list