From: Andrea Momesso <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Same package, same version, different USE flags, how to avoid rebuild?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:56:06
1 On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On Wedn"esday 15 October 2008 08:20:40 momesso.andrea@×××××.com wrote:"
4 > > Yesterday I emerged app-office/openoffice-3.0.0, and as usual it took a
5 > lot
6 > > of time.
7 > >
8 > > This morning, after sync, portage wants to reemerge the same package, and
9 > > the same version, due to a new (and unused by me) useflag which is
10 > > "-templates%".
11 > >
12 > > Of course the result would be a completely identical build, as long as
13 > I'm
14 > > not using that useflag, so I want to avoid it.
15 > >
16 > > At the same time I don't want to see anymore openoffice in the list of
17 > > upgradable packages in my daily "emerge -uDNp world".
18 > >
19 > > Can someone help?
20 >
21 > Let the thing build overnight. Tomorrow morning it will accede to your
22 > wishes
23 > and start to shut up.
24 >
25 > "emerge --reinstall changed-use" also looks worth investigating
26 >
27 > --
28 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
31 I cheated :P
32
33 I manually edited /var/db/pkg/app-office/openoffice-3.0.0/IUSE adding
34 "templates", and now it does not ask me for reinstall anymore.
35
36 That saved me a lot of time, energy and disk consumption :)
40 Momesso (TopperH) Andrea
41 http://topperh.blogspot.com
42 Jabber: topper_harley@××××××.org
43 ICQ: 224179391