From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5 media manager problem
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:25:29
1 Howdy,
2
3 Just upgraded KDE to 3.5 and have a minor problem.
4 When I start KDE with a SM memory card installed
5 in my USB reader, a removable media icon shows on
6 the desktop. If I remove the memory card, the icon
7 goes away. If I reinsert it, then the icon reappears
8 and I get the "A new medium has been detected. What
9 do you want to do?" dialog box.
10
11 So far so good.
12
13 The problem starts when I want to open the memory.
14
15 If I choose open from the dialog or just click on the
16 memory's desktop icon, I get the following error box:
17
18 Error - Konqueror
19 Could not mount device.
20 The reported error was:
21 mount: can't find /dev/sde1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
22
23 If I right click on the memory's desktop icon and choose
24 mount, I get the following error box:
25
26 Error - kio_media_mounthelper
27 mount: can't find /dev/sde1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
28 Please check that the device is plugged correctly.
29
30 I can manually mount the memory with:
31
32 mount -t auto /dev/sde1 /mnt/usb
33
34 My understanding is that pmount is suppose to eliminate
35 the need to list each device in /etc/fstab. So I'm guessing
36 I don't have pmount configured correctly.
37
38 I'm using:
39
40 hal-0.5.5.1-r1
41 dbus-0.50-r1
42 pmount-0.9.6
43
44 I have not done any manual configuration changes to these.
45
46 I do not have ivman installed.
47
48 Any ideas?