From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.2 and 3.5
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:07:16
1 On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Uh, someone's confused here. It may very well be me but I'm not following you
3 > at all. The other post concerned startkde blocking kdelibs.
4
5 Yes. I'm sorry. You're using monolithic KDE. I don't remember if
6 startkde was part of kdebase. Maybe that's where your problem is.
9 > My block is kdebase 3.5 blocking kdelibs 4.2. There's no mention of startkde
10 > bocking anything on my system. So I don't follow why you're telling me that
11 > I need startkde 3.5.10.
12
13 My bad. I'm sorry.
14
15 Neil says you'll need to remove kde and emerge kde-meta. Follow his advice.
16
17 Regards,
18 Norberto