From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:24:10
1 On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:18:53 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > hmmmm, not convinced, "you know what I mean" doesn't cut it. This list
5 > is largely populated with high-clue people who understand the meaning
6 > of words and know that plasma != KDE
7 >
8 > Around here, KDE usually means kde-apps and plasma means plasma.
9 > We also know that firefox is not gekco and all sorts of other "you
10 > know what I actually mean" opportunities to trip up
11
12 +1
13
14 Until version 5, KDE was fairly monolithic (though the the Gentoo devs
15 always did a nice job of breaking it up so that it didn't seem that
16 way). With the restructuring of the KDE project across the board, I
17 think it's important to distinguish between Frameworks, Plasma, and
18 Applications. If anyone just says "KDE 5", I think they mean all of it.