From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tool to check PDF against PDF/X-3 ?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 20:16:18
1 On 2011-05-04 18:28, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Hello!
5 > I am looking for a Tool to check PDF files against the PDF/X-3:2002
6 > standard that some printing vendors seem to request in case of providing
7 > vector sources.
8 >
9 > The tool needs to
10 >
11 > 1) be free software as defined by the FSF [1], and
12 >
13 > 2) work on Linux.
16 > Has anyone seen such a thing?
17
18 Sorry, haven't seen such a thing but can't they (the printing vendors)
19 accept postscript as well? I know some (academic) publishers requires
20 you to use specially formatted TeX templates which, of course, is not
21 the same thing but I would be surprised if the printshop wouldn't accept
22 postscript since the resulting dvi files (from the *TeX output) are
23 usually translated to postscript (or maybe I'm behind the times...).
24 Postscript is a vector format (all text, figures and pictures [if the
25 picture source is in vector format] are made up of lines and bezier curves).
26
27 HTH
28
29 Best regards