From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Umlaut trouble in filenames
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:31:00
1 Again, I have some problem with umlauts, this time with remote files I want
2 to download via FTP. In KDE4, Dolphin and konqueror are unable to read the
3 file. I can get it manually via command line ftp, but then again dolphin or
4 ark are unable to do anything with it. No big problem, I can rename the file
5 using wild cards or tab completion, or using convmv, but this just looks
6 wrong to me. Or is this normal?
7
8 My $LANG is de_DE.utf8, and in /etc/locale.gen I have:
9 en_US ISO-8859-1
10 en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
11 de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
12 de_DE ISO-8859-1