From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: AVCHD on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:31:10
1 On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> I use Kdenlive for GUI (which uses MLT as backend) and my camcorder is
6 >> Canon HG-10. It uses AVCHD, Kdenlive/MLT handles it beautifully.
9 > thanks.
10 >
11 > I replied to this yesterday, but I guess Gmane
12 > was not working.....
13 >
14 > I'll give kdenlive a spin.
15 >
16 > On mlt, it looks very feature rich. I shall read up on it
17 > and experiment with it's features. What do you typically
18 > use MLT specifically for while creating a dvd or blue_ray disc?
19
20 MLT handles the filters, transitions, audio mixing, titles, overlays,
21 etc. though I never actually run MLT directly. Kdenlive seems to
22 basically have UI for all of MLTs features, so it makes it nice and
23 easy to use.