From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How and whether to take action on elog message from sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.73
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:56:53
1 I read the logs, but it doesn't always help. This one apparently used to
2 build statically,
3 and is now using shared libraries. Here's the message:
4 =======================================================
5 *Subject:* [portage] ebuild log for sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.73 on
6 treat.kosmanor.com
7
8 LOG: setup
9 Warning, we no longer overwrite /sbin/lvm and /sbin/dmsetup with
10 their static versions. If you need the static binaries,
11 you must append .static the filename!
12 =======================================================
13 **
14 It's not clear to me that I would need this package when dynamically loading
15 is inactive,
16 partly because I don't think that happens -- /usr/lib is not on a separate
17 partition, so
18 it's always there.
19
20 Leaving that aside, the message does not state *which* filename to append
21 ".static" to,
22 and where to change it, so I'm baffled as to how to take action on this
23 message, even
24 if I thought it important to do.
25
26 Anyone have a clue?