From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD performance tweaking
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:38:24
1 On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:57:25 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> This limitation is likely just a byproduct of using a 1 lane
5 >> controller. If one was willing to spend a (fairly large) bit more one
6 >> could get a 16 lane SATA3 controller and would likely do much better
7 >> in terms of throughput...
8 >
9 > If you want real performance from SSD, you ditch SATA altogether and use
10 > a drive on a dedicated card. Of course, you're talking real money now.
13 > --
14 > Neil Bothwick
15 >
16 > OPERATOR ERROR: Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!
17
18 Can you supply a link to such a solution? Just curiosity. I'm sure I
19 don't have the money... ;-)
20
21 - Mark