From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restrict certain web users by IP
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:51:34
1 On 11/30/12 03:37, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > I like this idea since it means I don't need to mess with another domain
4 > name. The only problem I'm running into is one of the applications on
5 > the server doesn't work with www.example.com/jackjill/app
6 > <http://www.example.com/jackjill/app>, it only works with
7 > www.example.com/app <http://www.example.com/app>. I set up a
8 > RewriteRule to rewrite /jackjill/app to /app, and that makes the
9 > application work, but then <Location /jackjill> doesn't work. Is there
10 > any way around this?
13 Fix the app =)
14
15 If that's not possible, the vhost solution may be the simplest solution.
16 You're allowed to mangle environment variables with each rewrite rule --
17 that might allow you to chain together your restrictions, but it would
18 be ugly.
19
20 http://jackjill.example.com/app
21 http://johnjacob.example.com/app