From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Again - problem on installing Gentoo (Gentoo started)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:10:20
1 On Wednesday 06 September 2006 18:20, Stephen Liu wrote:
2 > # modprobe de-mod
3 > FATAL: Module dm-mod not found.
4
5 >From http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml
6
7 Code Listing 2.9: Selecting the LVM2 module in a 2.6.x kernel
8 Device Drivers --->
9 Multi-device support (RAID and LVM) --->
10 [*] Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM)
11 < > RAID support
12 <M> Device mapper support
13
14 Clearly, you did not follow the guide !
15 Clearly this is yet another mistake you made yourself !
16 Clearly we *cannot* help you if you randomly follow parts of guides !
17
18 If you dont know *exactly* what you are doing you should follow the guide to
19 the letter !
20
21 > Any suggestion? TIA
22
23 I suggest you skip LVM and stick to the official installation guide.
24 I suggest you take small steps and learn in small increments cause you're in
25 way over your head right now.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list