From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:48:43
1 On Thursday 28 July 2011 18:37:24 Dale wrote:
2 > Pardon me. My brain passed gas here. lol Could it be that my drives
3 > file system has ran out of inodes or whatever they are called? That may
4 > explain why I can't copy anything to it but it works fine as far as
5 > reading goes.
6 >
7 > Thoughts? How do I check/change it? Headed to some man pages too.
8 >
9 > Dale
10 >
12
13 To check this, you could try creating a new file (with size = 0) on the root of
14 that drive, like (After you close and save all your work):
15
16 touch <mountpoint of drive>/LetMeseeIfThisWorksOrIfTheKernelPanicsAgain
17
18 If it doesn't panic, check if that file actually exists.
21 Joost