From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh-agent
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:17:56
1 On Tuesday 21 November 2006 12:41, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] ssh-agent':
3 > I think these details about the workings of ssh-agent deserve more
4 > visibility. Did you find some unusual documentation or read the source?
5
6 I've never read the source, so it's a combination of documentation and
7 deduction. Documentation was probably from discussions of locked memory
8 issues and other security threats to ssh-agent over the span of time I've
9 been ssh-aware, so no specific URL I can hand you.
12 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
13 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
14 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
15 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh