From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USE flags, command line and packages.use
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:39:39
1 Hello list,
2
3 Sorry if this is a silly question and/or if there is no easy way to
4 fix the mess on my system, here is the problem: I installed
5 everything, configured some stuff and started building apps, the only
6 unstalbe package would be Xorg (because I need some drivers related to
7 unichrome), and almost all apps passed an "emerge -pv" in order to
8 check USE flags, the case is that I customized most of the packages,
9 modifying the default USE for them, but I did that at command line
10 (yeah, yeah, I know, don't tell me), now, is there some easy way to
11 put the CURRENT USE flags that the packages in world are using at
12 packages.use? I am afraid that an "emerge -u world" would download A
13 LOT of unnecessary stuff using the default USE for each package, and
14 causing a mess on my filesystem.
15
16 Thanks for any answer.
19 Daniel da Veiga