From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntp-client slows down the boot process
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 08:30:43
1 On Friday, 26 July 2019 05:36:29 BST YUE Daian wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I use ntp-client to synchronize the date/time of my Gentoo system.
5 >
6 > I added it to the default boot level (OpenRC), however it seriously
7 > slows down the boot process (around 10 seconds or so).
8 >
9 > Is there any way to make it faster? Or am I using the wrong service?
10
11 It may be taking time to gather entropy. In that case you could install sys-
12 apps/haveged and add it to your boot run-level.
15 Regards,
16 Peter.