From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: how would I use device names in fstab?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:25:05
1 On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:59:56 +0000, Thufir wrote:
2
3 > Well, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able read the disc from the
4 > cdrw drive, but the cdrom drive is odd. Works from fedora, but in
5 > Gentoo cycles through: spin up, pause, spin up, forever. Even ctrl-c
6 > didn't kill it, had to reboot:
9 Even after rebooting, the drive was still going crazy trying to read the
10 disc. How can I kill that without rebooting? I had to reboot again just
11 to eject the disc between POST and GRUB.
12
13 I think it may be that this particular CD-ROM drive isn't fully supported
14 by Gentoo, or somehow Gentoo is using different drivers than Fedora. It's
15 a very cheap CD-ROM, but I'd still like to get it functioning correctly.
16
17 I was quite surprised when the CD-RW drive read the disc as I thought
18 that I'd tried that before and it had failed.
21 -Thufir
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list