From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to make Gentoo more Ubuntu like
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:06:43
1 Jorge Martín wrote:
2
3 > Are you running Gnome? HAL can help you automounting, you can make
4 > some udev rulez too..
5 >
6 > On 4/29/06, *JimD* < Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org
7 > <mailto:Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>> wrote:
8 >
9 > Does anyone have any good link on making Gentoo a little more
10 > user-friendly like Ubunut? I am looking for basic home user stuff for
11 > my wife such as:
12 >
13 > Automount/play a music CD, DVD
14 > Automout a USB camera
15 >
16 > Little basic things like that. I personally just mount
17 > /mnt/cdrom, but
18 > trying to get my wife to do that or anything manual gets me in trouble
19 >
20 > : )
21 >
22 > Jim
23 > --
24 > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
25 > There's no place like 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>
26 > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
27 > JimD
28 > Central FL, USA, Earth, Sol
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o <mailto:gentoo-user@g.o> mailing list
35 > --
36 > -"Se dueño de tu silencio y no esclavo de tus palabras."
40 Funny, mine already does that. I stick in a CD and up pops a window,
41 which bugs me sometimes by the way. It even tries to mount my camera
42 but mine requires software to get the pics so it can't, it tries though.
43
44 Dale
45 :-)
46 --