From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netscape-flash and sound predicament
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:02:57
1 On Monday 16 January 2006 09:04, Michael Crute wrote:
2 >
3 > So my question would be, is there a way to make flash mix its sounds
4 > in with the other programs on the computer? I know its possible as I
5 > have done it before but I can not seem to get it working now. A google
6 > search seems to get me nowhere. Any thoughts or a nudge in the right
7 > direction would be much appreciated.
8 >
9 Flash still uses OSS to play sounds, and if you are using ALSA then it is
10 using OSS emulation. I don't know how to do it with other browsers but I use
11 "aoss firefox" to start firefox. This mixes sounds of Flash pretty well with
12 any other sound producing app. I can even hear songs while Flash produces its
13 sound in browser.
14
15 A point to mention here would be that I am not using esd or any other sound
16 daemon. Just plain jane ALSA with dmix.
19 Regards,
20 Abhay