From: Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Network works OK internally but can't access Internet - very frustrated
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 06:31:41
1 Hi - After a last emerge --sync I've been having trouble accessing the internet. My network interface comes up OK. I receive an address for the DHCP server (i.e. "eth1 received address 192.168.0.7/24") and I can see and access my Intranet webpage on 192.168.0.xx and copy files to and from various machines.
2
3 However if trying to access the Internet I keep getting "unknown host" when pinging sites I know will respond. My machine dual boots into XP and runs fine.
4
5 I've checked the Gentoo handbook and config files and confirmed my network config files look OK (they seem to). Can anyone offer any suggestions?
6
7 Thanks, Richard