From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't mount raid0
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:55:57
1 On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 3:30 PM Grant Taylor
2 <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 > On 8/12/20 1:28 PM, Никита Степанов wrote:
5 > > livecd gentoo # mount /dev/md1 /mnt/gentoo
6 > > mount: unknown filesystem type 'linux_raid_member'
7 > > what to do?
8 >
9 > What does /proc/mdstat show?
10 >
11 > Is it a partitioned software RAID? If so, you need the partition
12 > devices and to mount the desired partition.
13
14 I haven't run mdadm in ages, but it almost sounds like a raid was
15 accidentally created inside another raid.
16
17 The kernel assembled the raw devices into /dev/md1. However, when
18 mount checked the contents of /dev/md1 it found a raid member
19 signature instead of a filesystem. That suggests that /dev/md1 is one
20 component of a larger raid (which might only have one device in it).
21
22 That almost certainly isn't what was intended. I wouldn't be
23 surprised if it is possible to do by accident though.
26 Rich