From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QT slotting and non-portage apps
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 10:48:27
1 On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:55:38 +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2
3 > It isn't a secret, some apps don't take place inside the protage :-)
4 > And some of them use QT3 with 'configure && make && make install' way.
5 > Now I have (at ~x86) slotted QT installd - both 3 and 4 versions,
6 > and autotools-building has these ot those errors.
7 >
8 > Is there legal/Gentoo way to make these apps happy?
9
10 Run ./configure --help and you'll almost certainly see an option to
11 specify the QT directory. Choose the one containing QT3.
12
13 You may also be able to achieve this by setting $QTDIR appropriately, but
14 I'd prefer to explicitly give the path to configure whenever that is an
15 option.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 If man ruled the world: