From: Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 08:39:28
1 ....
2 > > install CD - a CD, which is outdated.
3 ...
4 > hardware where to install it? No. So why do not having an official
5 > livecd makes it incomplete?
6 >
7 > Think it the other way. Gentoo is, among other things, a way to install
8 > Linux from any decent Linux live cd. From this point of view, the fact
9 > that Gentoo sometimes releases an 'official' live cd is more of a luxury
10 > than something it needs to be complete.
11 >
12 > m.
13
14 Hi,
15
16 As I wrote before, there is a tool, calles catalyst, which is used to
17 create "official" and up-to-date gentoo livecd.
18 Everybody have the chance to create their own.
19
20 I did it, that means, it is not really hard to learn :)
21
22 By the way, I customized my livecd to support the
23 rsync-to-the-hard-drive and viola', you have a fresh and running
24 system :)
25
26 The official install CD is a good marketing and reference, but in fact,
27 it is not necessary.
28
29 I think, this issue not really critical.
30 If somebody needs, create his own or change the distro.
31 Power of freedom :)
32
33 Cheers,
34 István
39 eGroupWare, gLiveCD, gentoo és barátai
40 http://www.osbusiness.hu
41 „A humor a méltóság támasza, fölényünket hirdeti
42 mindazzal szemben, amit a sors ránk mér.”
43 (Romain Gary)
46 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list