From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] beagle and thunderbird
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:03:45
1 Greets,
2
3 I never used beagle so far, only recently read an article about it and
4 thought I would give it a try, so I emerged it yesterday.
5
6 So I have app-misc/beagle-0.2.18 now, with USE-flags "eds gtk pdf python
7 thunderbird xscreensaver", along
8 mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird-2.0.0.14 ...
9
10 And I have gnome-extra/deskbar-applet-2.20.3 installed for searching.
11
12 My question: When I search for an email (say, using the name of the
13 sender) there are mails found OK, and when I click the result, I expect
14 the mail to be displayed, but only thunderbird gets the focus, without
15 the program being raised to the foreground, and without the actual mail
16 being displayed (even when I change windows to thunderbird).
17
18 http://beagle-project.org/FAQ says:
19
20 "Google Summer of Code 2007 sponsored a beagle project on the
21 Thunderbird backend. The work is finished and was merged in svn trunk in
22 September, 2007. The thunderbird backend will be available in 0.3.0+."
23
24 Should I unmask this unstable release to get the feature I am looking for?
25
26 Should things behave as I expect them to behave?
27
28 Do I have to configure something somewhere?
29
30 Thanks for any help on this, greets, Stefan
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list