From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] beagle and thunderbird
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:03:45
Greets,

I never used beagle so far, only recently read an article about it and
thought I would give it a try, so I emerged it yesterday.

So I have app-misc/beagle-0.2.18 now, with USE-flags "eds gtk pdf python
thunderbird xscreensaver", along
mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird-2.0.0.14 ...

And I have gnome-extra/deskbar-applet-2.20.3 installed for searching.

My question: When I search for an email (say, using the name of the
sender) there are mails found OK, and when I click the result, I expect
the mail to be displayed, but only thunderbird gets the focus, without
the program being raised to the foreground, and without the actual mail
being displayed (even when I change windows to thunderbird).

http://beagle-project.org/FAQ says:

"Google Summer of Code 2007 sponsored a beagle project on the
Thunderbird backend. The work is finished and was merged in svn trunk in
September, 2007. The thunderbird backend will be available in 0.3.0+."

Should I unmask this unstable release to get the feature I am looking for?

Should things behave as I expect them to behave?

Do I have to configure something somewhere?

Thanks for any help on this, greets, Stefan