From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way forward?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 01:48:23
1 On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 20:43:39 -0500,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > I need to update a system that hasn't been updated in 337 days
5 > (March 24th 2020. -- Life has been ... trying.
6 >
7 > What is the best way forward?
8 >
9 > It seems as if there have been a lot of changes in the interim;
10 > glibc, Python 2.7 being deprecated, default Python going to
11 > 3.7(?), other breaking changes....
12 >
13 > Is there a way that I can sync portage to something from April,
14 > May, or even June of 2020, do a full update (including "-DUNe
15 > @world")? Iterating through multiple rounds to get current?
16 >
17 > Any help would be appreciated.
18
19 What you could try to do, if you are syncing using git, is to roll it
20 back to those dates by checking out a commit each time and doing an
21 update. I don't guarantee it would work, but its worth a shot,
22 otherwise reinstall time.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici wb2una