From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] less file.html
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:44:02
1 On 12 May 2012, at 23:39, Stroller wrote:
4 > On 12 May 2012, at 22:49, Alex Schuster wrote:
5 >> ...
6 >>> I want to view the html source of a webpage.
7 >>>
8 >>> When I run `less file.html` the rendered webpage is shown, not the
9 >>> source. It is as if lynx had been invoked, rather than less.
10 >>> ...
11 >>> How do I disable less from parsing html source, please?
12 >>
13 >> You can set LESSIGNORE='*.htm*'. This environment variable is used by the
14 >> lesspipe command, which is invoked by less and filters the input file
15 >> before giving it to less itself.
16 >
17 > That's great! Thanks!
18 >
19 > Searching the manpage for "lessopen" I find that I can use this shortcut instead:
20 >
21 > less -L file.html
22 >
23 > Stroller.
24
25 Oooops! Damnit!
26
27 I replied to the wrong message. Please ignore the above.