From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xterms --featureRICH --suggestions?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:45:21
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > The question was about desktop usage, it was about moving from KDE to
5 > LXDE. How things work in a completely different environment is
6 > irrelevant, the rules are different.
9 To Neil and Alan: These examples are trite and are simply and quickly
10 offered up as examples on each others perspectives, irrespecitve of minutia.
11 Old dogs snarl quite a bit, but do not move off of their haunches, unless
12 sufficiently motivated. Its more fundamental simpler than that. You do not
13 change another man's underware (metaphysically speaking here). You offer up
14 new, exciting offerings, at his convenience or time of choosing and hope he
15 likes what you are offering. That's the sort of analogy, thats most
16 accurate, imho.
17
18 WE can all "wax poetic" about do's and don't of trite examples: the point is
19 it's not KDE place to change *MY* anything, unless I want it by taking
20 specific action or they use a proper roll out semantic. KDE lost site of
21 that, and many astute folks have left for greener pastures. QT/Nokia going
22 over to the "dark side" (aka MicroSoft) has not helped KDE either.
23
24 WE're all three right, each from our perspectives. (can I get a hug?) I'm
25 quite certain that the 3 of us, have deep experience with "five nines" and
26 such. KDE has become a joke, imho. You want my repect, show me something,
27 with math, HA, redundancy, or 99999+ type of performance. Most of the rest
28 quacks and woddles, so do not argue with me for shooting at the (KDE) ducks.....
31 peace and good hunting,
32 James