From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The mess that's called KDEPIM 4.7 ...
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:13:18
1 On Thursday 29 Dec 2011 11:16:57 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:43:39AM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > For now I have masked KDEPIM 4.7 on all of my remaining boxen. This is
4 > > too messy to have to fix more than once, if I can fix it at all that is!
5 > >
6 > > The only thing that's keeping me from mutt is the zillion shortcut
7 > > commands that I need to learn ... old dog/new tricks and all that.
8 >
9 > Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Many are fairly intuitive;
11 > before, navigation isn’t that big a problem either. The biggest problem
12 > is the entry barrier; you need to create an rc file, set up other programs
13 > for sending and receiving and some own shortcuts, e.g. for using a spam
14 > filter. But I reckon it’s worth it.
15
16 Thanks Frank for your words of encouragement! I'm inching closer to mutt by
17 the day ... unless KDEPIM 4.7 has become usable by the time 4.4.11.1 is
18 withdrawn from the main tree, I'm out of KDE.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick