From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] equery caching
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:50:17
1 Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:
2 > I've just rebuilt my system without "motif" use flag (with emerge
3 > --newuse, etc).
4 > Everything works fine, except that equery shows stale data.
5 > For example:
6 > 1. "equery depends emacs" shows openmotif as dependency, but emacs is
7 > rebuilt without motif USE ("emerge -pv emacs" clearly shows this).
8
9 The depends query shows all depends regardless of whether they are enabled or not (by USE flags).
10
11 > 2. "equery hasuse motif" also shows emacs
12 > Is there any caching done by equery? How can I invalidate it?
13
14 The hasuse query shows all USE flags regardless of whether they are enabled or not.
15
16 There is no cache, it queries the database directly.
17
18 Zac
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list