From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] comparing two complex directories
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:37:48
1 On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > All,
4 >
5 > I'm trying to find a good way to compare two complex directory
6 > structures to see what files differ. I've looked at a few different
9 > - rsync dry run (someone said this should work, but I'm having trouble
10 > getting good information out of this)
11 > - diff -rq (this works, but it's sloowwwwww)
12 >
13 > I've used cdircmp before but it tends to crash on complex directories
14 > (a directory with more than a few subdirs and with hidden dot files).
15 >
16 > Thoughts? Any specific / good utilities for doing this?
19 I've had good luck with dev-util/dirdiff before...
20
21 -James
25 > -j