From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:14:00
1 Hi all!
2
3 Thank you very much for trying to help me on this strange things. I
4 hope i didn't have overseen a very simple thing which causes this
5 problem.
6
7 > dale wrote
8 >
9 > root@smoker / # equery files shorewall
10 > [ Searching for packages matching shorewall... ]
11 > * Contents of net-firewall/shorewall-3.0.8:
12 > /etc
13 > /etc/init.d
14 > /etc/init.d/shorewall
15 > /etc/shorewall
16 > ...
17
18 As you can see all paths are containing shorewall, so a simple find
19 would detect all the files and i have nothing of them remaining on my
20 system
21
22 > ian wrote
23 >
24 > ah yes, I recall the cruft script! Does it exclude any directories?
25
26 no i have checked that before there is nothing in my lib/findcruft
27 which excludes shorewall from being detected.
28
29 > The only last thing I could suggest is running lsof to see what files
30 > are being accessed when you start the net.eth1 script.
31
32 Thanks, thats a good idea, i will try that.
33
34 > uwe wrote
35 >
36 > I am using shorewall and it doesn't do it here.
37 >
38 > I haven't replied in this thread so far because I have not the slightest idea
39 > what causes the trouble. Actually I have tried to simulate what Daniel did.
40 > Even so, net.eth0 (in my case) doesn't change my iptables rules.
41
42 Another thing i will try is to reemerge shorewall put my configuration
43 back run shorewall and search for the files which have changed
44 recently.
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list